ACCESS to Demonstrate Cloud TV and Secure Media Sharing Monetization Solutions at CES
LAS VEGAS, January 2, 2014
- Demonstrations will show operators how to deliver premium content securely to any screen using standards-based solutions
- Solutions include support for CVP-2, CDN integration and HTML5 browser integration with trusted chipsets
− ACCESS CO., LTD, a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, today announced it will demonstrate NetFront™ Browser NX, NetFront™ Living Connect and ACCESSMyTV™ integrations at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). These solutions offer secure media delivery to all screens in the connected home and enable operators to meet the ‘Studio Confident’ security standards for the multiscreen delivery of secure premium content such as PayTV, VoD and live channels.
The CES demonstrations at a demo suite at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas will show how ACCESS’ solutions enable operators to deliver premium content on any screen while securing the media sharing experience. New developments and integrations include:
- Commercial Video Profile-2 (CVP-2) capability: Integrated with the NetFront Living Connect DLNA Technology Component, the CVP-2 guidelines allow operators to stream premium content inside the home by leveraging standardized technologies such as HTML5 RUIs and HTTP Adaptive Delivery and Authentication on top of the DTCP-IP-based link layer protection. CVP-2 also includes new 3D Media formats, ‘Diagnostic’ and ‘Low Power’ mode capabilities to improve the service delivery to the customer.
- Integration of NetFront Browser NX with trusted chipsets, set-top boxes and TV sets: The demonstrations will include integrations with world leading chipsets as well as a TV set. NetFront Browser NX offers industry leading HTML5 performance, has low memory requirements and has an advanced RDK and support for all leading TV standards such as HbbTV.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) integration: ACCESS’ support for DLNA standards, including HTML5, has been integrated in a CDN to offer a seamless, unified TV experience through the cloud, including content sharing across all devices via a centralized HTML5 Remote User Interface (RUI).
“Experimenting with HTML5 and Cloud is a thing of the past; operators are now looking to provide connected consumer facing services that scale for mass audiences,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP Global Sales, IA, ACCESS. “Our technologies are all based on standards that can be interfaced with any device and chipset, including world leading manufacturers. We are now entering a new era for multiscreen, where securing the media sharing chain will enable operators to deliver premium content to every screen. By providing solutions that offer best of breed security and a seamless experience on all devices, we aim at helping operators reach that goal.”
The ACCESS multiscreen solutions on show include:
- NetFront Living Connect – a DLNA Technology Component which provides service provider with ‘studio confident’ media sharing by enabling the seamless integration of Conditional Access (CA). Demonstrations include the upcoming CVP-2 premium video guidelines.
- NetFront Browser NX – a lightning fast WebKit-based HTML5 browser that provides a user interface and application development platform for advanced TV services as well as support for industry standards such as HbbTV.
- ACCESSMyTV – an IP-centric Over-the-Top (OTT) solution for connected devices enabling end users to create personalized web video channels that can be shared with friends and family via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Note to editors: If you would like to make an appointment to meet ACCESS at CES 2014, please contact Ursula Herrick, email@example.com
, 1-408-202-0865 or Segolene Roche, firstname.lastname@example.org
, +44 207 486 4900.About ACCESS
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ software series, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the PUBLUSTM for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. Learn more about ACCESS at www.access-company.com.
© 2014 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront, PUBLUS are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.