ACCESS Demonstrates Cloud TV and TV Everywhere Leadership at TV Connect
London, March 6th, 2014
- On-stand demonstrations show operators how to utilize home network and cloud-based media sharing efficiently
- ACCESS functionality showcased at TV Connect includes support for DLNA CVP-2, CDN integration with Alcatel-Lucent’s Velocix Content Delivery Network and HTML5 browser integration with industry leading chipset manufacturers
- ACCESS technologies are also integrated with partner solutions and services from Accedo, Amino, Verimatrix, Zenterio and more
− ACCESS CO., LTD (TV Connect stand 93), a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, today announced that it is to demonstrate its full range of solutions for media sharing in the home and over the cloud at TV Connect (18-20 March), Olympia, London.
By leveraging the cloud and home network, ACCESS’ solutions enable operators to launch true multiscreen experiences in the home, the connected car and over the cloud. The solutions demonstrated at TV Connect enable operators to meet the ‘Studio Confident’ security standards required by the content industry for the delivery and sharing of secure premium content such as PayTV, VoD and live channels.
The solutions to be showcased at TV Connect enable broadcasters and operators to deploy a wide variety of exciting new use cases. For instance, DLNA powered connectivity between the TV/set-top and the smartphone and tablet combined with ACCESS’ HTML5, WebKit-based browser enables the following:
- use your smartphone as a powerful remote control for your entire TV viewing experience
- in and out of home media sharing – watch your favourite recorded TV programs on smartphone or tablet wherever you are
- swipe to play video from your phone to your TV
- enable multiroom TV viewing on second TVs, smartphones and tablets and over in home Wi-Fi.
ACCESS solutions are an integral part of a wide range of solutions from world-leading operators and chipset manufacturers, as showcased through a number of partner demonstrations, including:
- Accedo (stand 139): ACCESS will demonstrate the integration of ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser NX with Accedo’s Application Sphere application management platform to provide consumers with a branded TV ‘app store’
- Alcatel-Lucent: NetFront™ Living Connect and NetFront Browser NX have been integrated with Alcatel-Lucent’s Velocix Content Delivery Network (CDN) to securely stream premium content to multiple devices from the cloud
- Amino (105) will showcase how the integration of NetFront Living Connect with its IPTV set-top-box enables consumers to enjoy content stored on the home network and ensure that operators can protect their brand through User Interface (UI) sharing on the second screen
- Anvia (ACCESS booth): the Finnish provider of IT and communications services utilizes ACCESS’ NetFront Browser NX 3.0 and NetFront Living Connect to power its new line of High Definition hybrid Set-Top-Box, enabling its customers to benefit from the interoperability that ACCESS’ NetFront Living Connect technology component can deliver to all connected devices
- AppCarousel’s white-labelled app store (ACCESS booth) has been integrated with NetFront Browser NX to offer quick and robust browsing of its variety of rich media content such as HTML5 apps, video and audio content. The collaboration ensures a seamless multiscreen experience across all devices and provides in-depth analytics to gauge monetization opportunities
- Novabase Digital TV (ACCESS booth) utilizes ACCESS’ NetFront Living Connect and NetFront Browser NX to create disruptive streaming experiences through new devices such as dongle-based streaming sticks
- Verimatrix (149): Access and Verimatrix have joined forces to solve the connected home challenges by providing a unique architecture in order to bridge the Pay-TV and CE content security universes. At the show, the integration of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) with NetFront Living Connect will be demonstrated. The companies have also published the “Securing Video Services in the Home Network” white paper describing how operators can now utilize standards-based solutions to enable secure media sharing for premium pay-TV content
- Vestel (108): the integration of NetFront Living Connect with Vestel’s home TV environment provides new consumer use cases, such as sharing content between Live TV PVR and second TV or mobile devices
- Zenterio (91) will demonstrate how its OS integrates with NetFront Living Connect, NetFront Browser NX to provide robust security and fast browsing on any platform. It also includes demonstration of Verimatrix VCAS protected online content sharing through NetFront Living Connect.
The TV Connect demonstrations show how ACCESS provides solutions that enable operators to monetize multiscreen through:
- NetFront Browser NX integration: the demonstrations will include integrations with world leading chipsets for STB and TVs offering industry leading HTML5 performance, low memory requirements and an advanced RDK.
- NetFront Living Connect integration: a multiscreen solution that provides the content and CE industries with the simplest and most powerful route to enable consumers to watch, listen, and share movies, music and TV programs inside and outside the home. The solution is a DLNA Technology Component supporting the latest CVP-2 specifications and integrated with leading security solutions, making it a key enabler for business models based-on distributing paid and free content to STBs, TVs, tablets, mobile phones and in-car entertainment and navigation systems.
- CDN integration: support for cloud based content sharing using DLNA standards, including HTML5, has been integrated to offer a seamless unified TV experience through the cloud.
- ACCESSMyTV: an IP-centric Over-the-Top (OTT) solution for connected devices enabling end users to create personalized web video channels that can be shared with friends and family via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
“TV Connect sees us showcasing our ACCESS DLNA Technology Component™ and HTML5 solutions which enable broadcasters and operators to profitably launch exciting and entertaining next generation TV services,” said Dr Neale Foster, VP Sales, TV, ACCESS. “We are seeing increased demand for ‘studio confident’ media sharing solutions. This is why we have added support for the new DLNA Commercial Video Profile-2 (CVP-2) guidelines both for home-network and cloud-based delivery.”
Note to editors: If you would like to make an appointment to meet ACCESS at TV Connect 2014, please contact Segolene Roche, firstname.lastname@example.org
, +44 207 486 4900.About ACCESS
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ software series, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the PUBLUS™ for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. Learn more about ACCESS at www.access-company.com
© 2014 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront, PUBLUS are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.