ACCESS Doubles-Up on TV Connect Award Shortlist
Oberhausen, Germany, March 4, 2013
− ACCESS CO., LTD, today announced that its lightning-speed HTML5 browser and multiscreen media sharing solution have been shortlisted for two prestigious TV Connect Industry Awards:
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0 selected for “Best TV multiscreen solution”
- NetFront™ Browser NX selected for “Best component or enabler”
ACCESS’ has been selected in acknowledgement of its ongoing commitment to developing advanced multiscreen solutions based on open standards that add value to the connected entertainment ecosystem. The winners will be announced at The TV Connect 2013 Awards hosted on 20th March 2013 at One Mayfair, London.
“We are delighted to see our solutions shortlisted for not one but two TV Connect Industry Awards,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP of Global Sales IA, ACCESS. “This is recognition of our dedication to delivering open standard multiscreen solutions that enable TV operators, device manufacturers and content owners to secure and enhance their revenues. At the core of these products being shortlisted are two trends we are really excited about – our work to provide ‘studio confident’ media sharing through ‘hardening’ the security layer of our DLNA technology and our pioneering of HTML5, which is fast becoming the next generation development platform for user interfaces and video distribution.” NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0
– NetFront Living Connect combines with Verimatrix ViewRight® security to enable seamless ‘studio-confident’ sharing of premium content, such as early release HD movies. The latest version of ACCESS’ award-winning DLNA Technology Component™ solution includes support for DLNA’s Premium Video profile and enables TV operators and device manufacturers to quickly and efficiently implement services that support DLNA guidelines on consumer electronic devices. NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0
– Webkit-based, platform-independent HTML5 software solution with lightning rendering speed – e.g. 58 frames per second for complex WebGL contents on TV (*) – that now supports CSS 3D Transforms, CSS Filter and CSS writing-mode, along with Canvas, and delivers the most up-to-date Web experience based on HTML5. By supporting key multiscreen building blocks such as Web Socket alongside HTML5 RUI (Remote User Interface), NetFront Browser NX 3.0 provides service and user interface (UI) discovery, inter-application communication and barrier-free multiscreen UIs, enabling TV operators and device manufacturers to deliver intuitive UIs and services seamlessly to multiple devices in the connected home environment. To learn more about NetFront Browser NX’s leading rendering capabilities, please visit:
* WebGL benchmark: http://mrdoob.github.com/three.js/examples/webgl_geometries.htmlNote to editors:
If you would like to meet with an ACCESS spokesperson at TV Connect 2013, please contact Sally Douglas of Platform PR: firstname.lastname@example.org, (T) +44 (0)20 7486 4900.About ACCESS
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ Software Series and the ZebOS® network platform, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the ACCESS™ Digital Publishing Ecosystem for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. www.access-company.com
.© 2013 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved. ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. ZebOS is the registered trademark and services mark of IP Infusion Inc., in the U.S. and other countries.DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.